Chautauqua Works Business Services Team can be an extension of your human resources function. The following services can be accessed at no charge:
- Assistance developing and reviewing personnel policies or employee handbooks
- Assistance in resolving employee relations issues
- Developing and classifying job descriptions
- Understanding employment laws and regulations
- Providing Reasonable Accommodation for employees with disabilities
Contact Laura Simons for additional information.
Unfortunately, there are times when despite all your hard work and efforts, the economy slows down and your business is negatively impacted. At these times, you are faced with making some tough decisions involving layoffs or even a plant closing. This is a difficult time for both your business and your employees. Chautauqua Works is dedicated to supporting you and your employees during these times. Below are the services and information we offer to assist you.
- Managing a layoff, downsizing, or closing
- Outplacement services for laid-off employees
- Avoid layoffs with the Shared Work Program
- Provide free Workshops for the impacted employees
- Trade Act Program
Contact Katie Geise for additional information.
Labor Market Information
Labor market information tells us about the economy, job market, businesses, and the workforce. It includes employment and unemployment data, wage data, employment projections, career info, and a variety of other information designed to help understand labor market conditions. This information is designed to help businesses and individuals make informed choices by providing a better understanding of our area's economic picture.
- County Employment and Wages in New York
- National Hiring and Turnover Rates - data on job openings, hires, and separations.
- Unemployment Rates
For additional information and assistance, please contact Katie Geise.